Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Chicago




Chicago is a great city. I can feel the beat of the town and witness the artistry (They had an Art Festival right along Michigan Ave!). The 25th Annual Gospel Music celebration was going on too in the Park. I came back to Chicago on June 5th to June 7th since it was one of my Landmark weekend courses. I missed the one in Seattle since my older brother got married on the same weekend (After June 20th, please check out their wedding photos at www.lightphoria.com). It was truly great to meet the participants from Chicago, Wisconsin, New York, and I even met an awesome person, Jo who works for Oxfam in Toronto (www.oxfam.ca) Everyone is up to something on how to better the world we are living in. As an example, Oxfam is an organization that supports the poor people in developing countries and ensures that they are part in making the decisions that affects them.

I also connected with Jocelyn, who is a stand for the greatness, love, and anything is possible for all Filipinas. Jocelyn is in the Introduction to Leaders Program through landmark education. She also started her own business promoting corporate social responsibility (ppsolutionsllc.com) which is totally a conversation my younger sister, Mae (aka Carmel) is highly interested in. Of course I had both of them connect following our conversation so they can start brainstorming ideas and creating an awesome future for all of us.

1 comment:

  1. oh yeah, hook a sister up! i mean hook YOUR sister up. ~carmel/mae

    ReplyDelete