Wednesday, June 17, 2009

My Family in the Lares Trek





My Lares Trek family bonded for four days as we tested our mental and physical capabilities. We had a couple from Belgium (Vincent and Alexandria), a couple from France (Yannick and Cecillia), our fiesty friend Hayley from Australia, our Dutch comprade (Antoinette), and our Malaysian friends (Ling and Tan). Every segment of our trek was exhausting but Cesar and his team always gave us our perfect shelter and awesome food.


Until now, I am still really amazed on how he baked a cake for our 2nd dinner together. The closest next birthday was Jill´s so we celebrated it as well. Raul, our guide, surprised us with his fluency with the Japanese language and Juan, our head guide, entertained us with ghost stories before we headed to bed. I think we were all too exhausted to be frightened by it and tried to slept as best as we can on top of the chilly mountain. I had my first taste of the ¨Macha Tea¨with rum to help us stay warm throughout the night.





Here are pictures of our amazing team and our campsite. I also have a picture of the coca leaves offering once I reached our highest peak.

No comments:

Post a Comment