Monday, June 22, 2009

Peru to Ecuador Crossing

June 21st - Blah! blah blah blah. Blah blah, blah blah blah blah. blah blah blah blah blah and blah ;) Translation = longest bus ride ever!

We crossed the border and another country stamped in my passport. We are now in Guayaquil waiting for another 8-10 hour bus ride to Quito. My travel companions and I were discussing that as we are nearing the equator, the people we are encountering are a lot taller and most have lighter skin tones. From Quito, we found another trek to visit the Amazon Rainforest and we decided to do the 4days, 3night adventure with Gulliver´s travels.

I called my parents yesterday to wish my dad a happy dad day. My mom reminded me if we had stopped by Lima since one of the Mother Mary statues in Alegria, Cebu (where my mom grew up in the Philippines) was donated from Lima, Peru. Note to self - I will find this statue when I am in Alegria in about three weeks.


2 comments:

  1. when you flush the toilet there doesn't it turn the opposite direction? ~mae

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi mercy, this is bebe and mae showing bebe how to do this! now she can follow you!

    ~bebe & mae

    ReplyDelete